Kim Wood is a Clinical Psychologist of 20 years experience, gained over a wide variety of job roles, both on the Gold Coast of Australia and in London, England. Her style is warm and focussed, challenging and compassionate, and she is totally dedicated to you achieving your lifestyle goals. Some of her favourite jobs so far include:
- Working with people presenting to their GP with moderate to severe anxiety disorders or depression.
- Sexual health counselling – where she worked with adults and young people who were facing the impact of sexually transmitted illness (including HIV/ AIDS); questioning their sexuality; experiencing some sort of sexual problem/ “dysfunction”; or had experienced recent or past sexual violence (both male and female survivors);
- Working with offenders within the criminal justice system on their mental health issues;
- Working with people experiencing mental health and addiction problems at the same time;
- Working with people with “severe and enduring mental illness” (such as psychosis – schizophrenia or bipolar disorder diagnosis) who were case managed by public health services
- Due to working all over London she also has experience in working with refugees, asylum seekers, and people who do not speak English as their first language (and may need an interpreter), many of whom had experienced torture or trauma in their homelands.
She is highly trained in CBT completing a Post-Graduate Diploma at Oxford University in England,( a highly respected training program), and then attended further Master Classes through the London Institute of Psychiatry (another world- eading CBT training institute). This means she is able to deliver one of the ‘gold standard’, recommended interventions for a wide range of mental health problems.
Kim Wood is an endorsed Clinical Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (APHRA), a 10 Year Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS); a member of the APS Clinical Psychologists College and a member of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). Kim has at least three publications (with another co – authorship on the way) and has presented at numerous conferences on a variety of topics with the pinnacle being three presentations at the World Congress for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies in Melbourne in 2016.